“Get off my pork chop!” is a phrase you can utter once you purchase yourself one of these spectacular Sweet Meats cushions. Coming in a variety of shapes resembling cuts of meat you can get at the butchers, these carnivorous comforters are sure to be a hit when placed in any living space. There are four Sweet Meats cushions currently available and they are the Stuff Boeuf, the Hambone, the Porky Chop and the Shapin’ Bacon. You can even get a medley of meat pillows and they’re delivered to you in deli-style wrappings.
Sweet Meats was founded by Lauren Venell, a San Francisco product designer who comes from a line of butchers. Her and her staff are dedicated to producing high quality products that are also socially and environmentally conscious. As such, Sweet Meats are made from 100% recycled fleece in manufacturing plants with internationally certified working conditions.
Sweet Meats Offers a Line of Butcher-Inspired Cushions
1. Butcher-inspired Home Decor - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Creating a line of butcher-inspired home decor items, beyond just cushions, such as curtains, rugs, and wall art.
2. Sustainable and Ethical Manufacturing - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Developing manufacturing processes that use recycled materials and adhere to internationally certified working conditions in other industries, not just home decor.
3. Novelty Food-inspired Products - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Expanding the range of novelty food-inspired products, such as pillows shaped like fruits, vegetables, and other culinary items for the home.
1. Home Decor - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Home decor companies could explore creating unique and themed products, like Sweet Meats cushions, to cater to niche markets.
2. Textile Manufacturing - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Textile manufacturers can focus on using recycled materials and promoting ethical working conditions across their production processes.
3. Novelty Gift and Souvenir - Disruptive Innovation Opportunity: Novelty gift and souvenir companies can venture into creating food-inspired products, such as meat-shaped pillows, for unique and quirky offerings.