The pairing of sweet and salty chocolate and beer united thanks to KitKat’s new snackable bites. The KitKat Snax from Nestle Japan are the first treats of their kind from the brand that are specifically designed to be enjoyed with a beer. To help chocolate and beer lovers whittle down their choices, Japanese craft brewery DD4D Brewing created a special style called Chocolate Almond Milk Stout Inspired by KitKat, which is said to have a sweet and nutty flavor that echoes the ingredients included in the bites.
The for-beer chocolate bites are not formed in KitKat’s classic bar shape but chocolate-coated cubes that combine salted roasted almonds, and cheese-flavored dried soybeans to deliver both sweet and salty flavors.
Image Credit: KitKat
KitKat's Sweet and Salty Chocolate Bites Match Well with Beer
1. Sweet and Salty Flavor Pairing - Food and beverage companies can innovate by creating treats and drinks that combine sweet and salty flavors like KitKat's beer-paired chocolate bites.
2. Collaboration with Craft Breweries - Confectionery brands and craft breweries can collaborate to create new products that resonate with consumers, like Nestle Japan's KitKat Snax and DD4D Brewing's Chocolate Almond Milk Stout.
3. Alternative Snack Formats - Brands can differentiate themselves by offering snackable bites in unique and unconventional shapes, like KitKat's chocolate-coated cubes in their Snax line.
1. Confectionery - Confectionery brands can leverage beer as a flavor pairing for their treats, enticing new consumers and opening up new marketing opportunities.
2. Craft Beer - Craft breweries can collaborate with food and beverage companies to create new beers that are inspired by popular treats, like DD4D Brewing's Chocolate Almond Milk Stout.
3. Snack Food - Snack food manufacturers can innovate by offering unique and unconventional snack formats, like KitKat's chocolate-coated cubes in their Snax line, to appeal to consumers looking for something different.