Swatch is partnering with 11 leading banks in China to offer 'Swatch Pay,' a new contactless payment service. Swatch Pay uses four new NFC smartwatches that can be activated by being placed on a specialized in-store platform and after download an app, which only takes a matter of minutes. Following this process, consumers are free to use the wearables to start making payments where contactless participating payment terminals are offered.
To mark the launch of Swatch Pay in China, Swatch is offering rewards to early adopters of the contactless payment technology.
While there are many wearables that have been launched to help consumers make touchless payments, these Swatch models boast stylish, bright colors and affordable designs that have the potential to appeal to consumers of all ages.
'Swatch Pay' Lets Users Complete Transactions at Contactless Terminals
1. Stylish Contactless Payment Wearables - Swatch Pay offers stylish, bright colored and affordable smartwatches for contactless payments, appealing to consumers of all ages.
2. NFC Technology for Contactless Payments - Swatch Pay utilizes NFC technology in its smartwatches to enable secure and convenient contactless payments at participating terminals.
3. Incentivizing Early Adoption of Contactless Payment - Swatch offers rewards to early adopters of its contactless payment technology, encouraging users to embrace the new payment method.
1. Consumer Electronics - The consumer electronics industry can tap into the demand for contactless payment wearables, especially those with stylish designs and affordable price points.
2. Financial Services - Financial service providers can explore partnerships with Swatch Pay to offer their customers secure and convenient contactless payment options through NFC technology.
3. Fashion and Accessories - The fashion and accessories industry can adopt contactless payment technology in stylish wearables, providing consumers with a seamless shopping experience.