Russian artist and musician Svetlana Kolosova has created an interactive series titled Palm Drawings. Within the series are her depictions of fairy tales, produced here via hands.
Fingers and skin are covered in their entirety in sheets of blue and pink paint in Palm Drawings. Amid the cracks of skin is her portrayal of imagined Disney scenes, seen in her projects titled The Snow Maiden, The Little Mermaid and The Little Match Girl. Her attention to detail is so meticulous that one often forgets that the hand is used in the place of the canvas here. Given the precision of her work, akin artistic endeavors may begin to take shape, ones that like Lolosova will use the body as a medium.
The Svetlana Kolosova Palm Drawings Depict Displays of Body Art
1. Interactive Hand-based Art - Opportunity for artists to create interactive art pieces using hands as a canvas.
2. Immersive Body Art - Potential for body artists to create detailed and intricate designs on the skin using paint.
3. Alternative Canvas Mediums - Emergence of unconventional mediums such as hands as a canvas for artists to experiment with.
1. Fine Art - Artists within the fine art industry can explore new ways to engage with their audience through interactive hand-based creations.
2. Body Art - Body artists have the opportunity to expand their art forms by incorporating intricate designs and storytelling through the use of paint on the skin.
3. Innovation in Art Materials - The development of new body-safe paints and materials for artists to use on unconventional canvas mediums such as hands.