The idea behind this sustainable rice packaging design is absolutely delicious, presenting a biodegradable option that serves multiple purposes. Frustrated by the overuse of cheap plastic sacks for holding and shipping grains, Warinporn Bussayajirapong looked to traditional Thai methods of storing just about anything.
Thin strips of bamboo are woven tightly together into a basket-like, cylindrical box. The woody grass is breathable, anti-bacterial and durable, making it perfect for this food-keeping purpose. One of the neat and unexpected features of Khaohom Rice packaging is that you can even use it to prepare your meal by slipping the whole thing into a pot or a rice cooker. This sustainable rice packaging concept is a cradle-to-cradle solution that would prove to deliver convenience and quality too.
The Khaohom Concept Serves as a Green Container and Even a Rice Cooker
1. Sustainable Food Packaging - Innovative packaging solutions that are environmentally friendly and multipurpose.
2. Green Manufacturing - Creating products from sustainable materials in a way that reduces reliance on plastics.
3. Traditional Techniques - Incorporating traditional methods of production that prioritize sustainability and durability.
1. Food and Beverage - Developing new sustainable packaging options for perishable goods like rice.
2. Agriculture and Farming - Using organic and waste-free farming techniques to reduce reliance on plastic packaging.
3. Home Appliances - Creating smart home appliances that can efficiently cook and store food in sustainable packaging.