Following in the footsteps of Google's Onhub, Luma has released a new easy-to-set-up WiFi device called 'Surround WiFi.' This device differs from others because it lets you improve Internet connectivity through the use of multiple routers throughout your home. The use of more than one router increases coverage, but more importantly, doesn't require additional setup.
Luma uses 'enterprise grade' security and parental control through a smartphone-connected app. Through the accompanying app, users will be able to block unwanted users, connect devices without a password needed and set up website ratings for your children. Parents will also be able to add timers to control their kid's online activity.
The Surround WiFi device is perfect for those of us who aren't exactly tech-savvy and provides an easy-to-use alternative.
Luma's 'Surround WiFi' Uses Multiple Routers for Better Internet Signals
1. Multi-room Wifi Routers - The use of multiple routers with easy setup could lead to disruption in home networking solutions.
2. Smartphone-connected Parental Controls - The ability to manage parental controls through a smartphone app presents opportunities for innovation in home security systems.
3. Enterprise-grade Home Network Security - The use of 'enterprise grade' security in home networking devices could lead to opportunities for radicalization in cybersecurity solutions for consumers.
1. Home Networking - The easy-to-setup multi-room router trend presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the home networking industry.
2. Smart Home Security - The use of smartphone-connected parental controls in Luma's Surround WiFi device demonstrates an opportunity for innovation in the home security industry.
3. Consumer Cybersecurity - The application of enterprise-grade security technologies in the home networking industry could lead to disruption in the cybersecurity industry for consumers.