Los Angeles-based fashion label Surf is Dead recently launched its latest collection for the Spring/Summer 2019 season and it is full of surfer-inspired apparel designs. The range explores themes of the various surfer subcultures and the layering foundation of the concept.
The apparel series features a selection of colorful pieces in the form of hoodies, tees, long sleeve tops, and more -- all of which are adorned in graphic designs to captivate attention in addition to the vibrant hues. There are also some graphic designs that are directed from a sensual angle as well, exploring risque themes through casual pieces. The standout item in the range is the hoodie complete with a lime green base so that it can't be missed and features graphics that read "SURF DRUG CULT."
Surf is Dead Launches Its SS19 Collection Full of Vibrant Goods
1. Surf Culture Fashion - The rise of surf culture fashion as a trend, with a focus on vibrant and bold colors, is an opportunity for designers to innovate with more luxurious and sustainable fabrics.
2. Graphic Designs in Apparel - Opportunities for designers exist in the burgeoning industry of graphic designs printed onto apparel, particularly when it comes to using bold and innovative imagery.
3. Sensual Themes in Casual Wear - The trend of incorporating sensual themes into casual wear provides an opportunity for designers and retailers to appeal to a younger, more modern audience.
1. Fashion and Apparel - Fashion and apparel companies have the opportunity to incorporate the surf culture fashion trend with bright and bold colors into their designs.
2. Graphic Design - Graphic design firms can take advantage of the trend of incorporating bold and abstract graphic designs into apparel.
3. Retail Industry - Retail companies that cater to a younger audience can appeal to them through the incorporation of sensual themes into their casual wear.