The Dominican Amber Wildcat uses to make their color changing earplugs is not only 48 million years old and extremely rare, but the material is also fluorescent.
Far from the the sanitized mass produced products which dominate the world market place, these amazing color changing amber earplugs are also related to the roots of body modification, a thousand year old tradition.
The ear plugs range from Dominican blue to green amber, but they aren't solid colors or even pigments, they are a reaction of light particles that occurs due to the density of aromatic molecules trapped in the resin. These hydrocarbons only exist in Dominican Amber. Under different light conditions, special effects are noticeable.
Dominican Amber is totally natural, formed through a natural polymeritzation more than 40 million years ago. Check out pictures 3 and 4 to see how the amber changes color under sun light and uv light.
Wildcat Uses 48 Million Year Old Color Changing Amber
1. Natural Material Products - The use of natural materials in product design is a growing trend, which presents disruptive innovation opportunities for industries to create unique and eco-friendly products.
2. Color-changing Products - The trend of producing color-changing products is increasing, and businesses can leverage this opportunity to create innovative and dynamic products to appeal to consumers.
3. Handcrafted Products - The demand for unique, artisan-made products is on the rise, and businesses can capitalize on this trend by offering handcrafted, one-of-a-kind products like the color changing amber earplugs.
1. Fashion Accessories - The fashion accessory industry can use natural, color-changing materials such as amber to create unique and eco-friendly products to appeal to consumers.
2. Jewelry - The jewelry industry can use rare and exotic materials such as Dominican amber to create unique and bespoke jewelry pieces that have never been seen before, presenting a disruptive innovation opportunity.
3. Music Industry - The music industry can offer musicians and music lovers novel, handcrafted earplug options like the color-changing amber earplugs that protect hearing while also being stylish and unique.