Hot Pockets recently launched a new kind of stuffed pretzel snack in a Cheesy Jalapeño Pretzel Stick flavor.
The bite-sized handheld snacks come in at 120 calories per piece, featuring pretzel dough that is loaded with with spicy jalapeños and red bell peppers, as well as onions and 100% real cheese, including cheddar and reduced fat mozzarella.
As pretzels are seen by consumers as light and lower in fat as compared to many other salty snacks, these pretzel bites will appeal to those who are looking for a sensible snack option that's altogether cheesy, spicy and salty. The handheld format of these pretzel sandwich snacks also appeals to those who are seeking out calorie-controlled eats that can conveniently be packed into lunches or taken as on-the-go snacks.
Hot Pockets' Stuffed Pretzels are Offered in a Piquant Jalapeño Flavor
1. Handheld Snack Trend - Products that allow consumers to eat on-the-go in a convenient, mess-free format are in high demand.
2. Sensible Snack Trend - Snacks that are lower in calories and fat, without sacrificing flavor or satisfaction, are becoming increasingly popular.
3. Spicy Flavor Trend - There is a growing demand for foods with bold, spicy flavors that add excitement to the snacking experience.
1. Snack Food Industry - The snack food industry can explore new product lines that offer convenient, sensible and flavorful snacking options like stuffed pretzel snacks.
2. Convenience Store Industry - Convenience stores can heighten their snack offerings with stuffed pretzel snacks and boost sales with the handheld, calorie-controlled snacks that can be picked up on-the-go.
3. Food Retail Industry - Food retailers can jump on the trend of lower-calorie snacks with spicy, flavor-packed snacks that cater to consumers' increasing demand for healthy snacks.