Stripe has recently launched a card for business, titled the Stripe Corporate Card. The card is a Visa credit card that will only be available to businesses within the United States however, customers will be able to use the card outside of the country as well.
Some highlights of the Stripe Corporate Card are that there are no interest rates or fees associated with it. Instead, Stripe gets makes money on the card through the interchange fee that is associated with each transaction that is made. Additionally, owners of the card will pay the bill associated with the card in full each month.
Stripe offers a number of different financial products and the Stripe corporate card is the latest. Additionally, many of the company's products are free to use, in an effort to build a loyal customer base.
Image Credit: Stripe
The Stripe Corporate Card Offers No Added Fees
1. Interest-free Financial Products - Businesses and consumers are increasingly seeking out financial products that do not include interest or fees, creating opportunities for disruptors to enter the market with innovative pricing models and value propositions.
2. No-fee Credit Cards - As more companies offer no-fee credit cards to business and consumer markets, it is likely that traditional banks and financial institutions will need to innovate in order to maintain market share.
3. Revenue From Interchange Fees - Stripe's business model of generating revenue through interchange fees rather than interest or fees provides a disruptive approach to profitably operating in the financial services industry.
1. Financial Services - Financial services companies of all sizes can look at Stripe's success offering no-fee products to identify opportunities in the market to answer the growing demand for low-cost financial products.
2. Credit Card Issuers - Traditional credit card issuers may need to adjust their business models or offerings in order to compete with new companies like Stripe that offer no-fee credit cards.
3. Small Business - Small businesses may benefit from the availability of innovative financial services like the Stripe Corporate Card, which can help them save money and streamline their operations.