Car people should be very, very excited over the Strand Craft GT 500 Wagon. The yacht-building company (Strand Craft) has announced plans to create a one-off wagon using the Shelby GT 500. The wagon will come equipped with the GT 500's 5.8-liter supercharged V8 engine, but Strand Craft is planning on upping the horsepower from 662 to 850. Those numbers are good for a 0-60 time of 3.3 seconds.
Station wagons aren't nearly as big in the U.S. as they used to be, and supercharged station wagons are practically nonexistent. While the Strand Craft GT 500 Wagon is just a one-off, a good reception of it could lead automakers to at least reconsider selling super-powered wagons in the U.S. again.
The Strand Craft GT 500 Wagon Makes Running Errands Fun
1. Supercharged Station Wagons - The reception of the Strand Craft GT 500 Wagon could lead to the resurgence of supercharged station wagons in the US.
2. Family-friendly Car Mods - The creation of the Strand Craft GT 500 Wagon highlights the demand for family-friendly car mods.
3. Yacht-building Companies Enter Automotive Space - Strand Craft's venture into the automotive world creates an opportunity for yacht-building companies to expand their offerings and services.
1. Automotive - There is an opportunity for automakers to reconsider selling super-powered wagons in the US again following the positive response to the Strand Craft GT 500 Wagon.
2. Car Customization - There is a market for family-friendly car modifications, such as the ones showcased in the Strand Craft GT 500 Wagon.
3. Yacht-building - Yacht-building companies can expand into the automotive industry, as demonstrated by Strand Craft's venture into producing a one-off supercharged station wagon.