Innovative toy maker Spin Master has developed what may become the 'it' toy this Christmas season. The new Storm Launcher is an all-terrain plane / boat combo that's sure to rock your world. The catch? The pre-sale for the $80 toy sold out in 5 minutes. You MUST watch the video to see what it is all about.
From Giz Magazine:
As electric motors get more powerful, and materials get lighter and stronger, the toys we are creating get more fantastic with each passing year. Toy creator Spin Master knew it had a winner on its hands long before it announced the Storm Launcher to the world, but it didn't quite expect the reaction it encountered when a pre-sale went on-line and sold out in five days, making the omnipotent flying, floating, go anywhere toy arguably the most anticipated R/C vehicle of all time. The Air Hogs R/C Storm Launcher is a ground-effect all-terrain vehicle that has no wings but flies and no wheels but rips across any surface. If you are in any doubt about wanting one, check out this video and if you're an aspiring toy inventor, read the story of inventors Michael Connally and Ernest Butler who SpinMaster signed ahead of other hungry toy companies with a handsome advance for the rights to their invention, and five per cent ongoing royalties for the US$80 category buster.
Hottest Toy This Chirstmas!
1. Powerful Electric Motors - Developing toys with more powerful electric motors opens up opportunities for creating innovative and exciting all-terrain vehicles.
2. Lighter and Stronger Materials - Utilizing lighter and stronger materials in toy production enables the creation of fantastic and highly durable toys.
3. Anticipated R/C Vehicles - The popularity of the Storm Launcher toy highlights the demand and excitement for highly anticipated remote-controlled vehicles.
1. Toy Manufacturing - The toy manufacturing industry can capitalize on the use of powerful electric motors and lighter materials to create new and exciting toys.
2. Outdoor Recreation - The outdoor recreation industry can explore the potential of all-terrain toys like the Storm Launcher to offer unique and thrilling experiences for consumers.
3. Inventor Marketplace - The inventor marketplace can seek opportunities to develop and sign innovative toy inventions, like the Storm Launcher, that have the potential for high demand and ongoing royalties.