Imagine a mobile phone design so slick that you'd have to call it erotic. That's about the only word that describes the BenQ Black Box. Essentially, it's a black box (ha ha) with no buttons and a graphic design that changes depending on which gadget you want to use.
The Design Directory sees this design as the next big thing, "Instead of BenQ's mobile phone-type idea, what we're looking at, folks, is the next generation of mobile device. The one that will change literally everything for quite a lot of people. Every tech editor and gadget fan has been preoccupied for the last year with products like the fabled next generation video Ipod . The gorgeous Onyx concept from Pilotfish and Synaptics treads similar ground. It seems to be all about growing the screen in your pocket."
The BenQ Black Box
1. Slick Mobile Phone Design - With advancements in graphic design and touch technology, there is an opportunity to create mobile phones with a sleek and minimalist design for a better user experience.
2. Screen Expansion in Mobile Devices - The desire for larger screens for better multimedia experiences has led to the development of concepts like the Onyx from Pilotfish and Synaptics.
3. Buttonless Mobile Devices - By eliminating physical buttons and utilizing touch technology, there is an opportunity to create more intuitive and user-friendly mobile devices.
1. Mobile Phone Manufacturing - Companies in the mobile phone industry can capitalize on advancements in graphic design and touch technology to create more visually appealing and functional devices.
2. Graphic Design and User Experience - Advancements in graphic design and touch technology require top talent in those areas to ensure that mobile devices are visually pleasing, easy to use, and intuitive.
3. Consumer Electronics - Consumer electronics companies can expand their product offerings by including minimalist and buttonless mobile devices to cater to customers who value simplicity and ease of use.