The phrase, "What Forces Shape You" is the theme behind the new Star Wars Identities exhibition. Set to open on April 19, 2012, the art show will be held at two locations: The Montreal Science Center and the Telus World of Science in Edmonton.
Star Wars Identities is centered around the inspiration behind the characters within the Star Wars saga. The portraits are digital mosaics composed of various items and materials found within the Star Wars universe that correlate to that specific character's motivation and identity. The designs do not come with an explanation but rather are left open to individual interpretation, bound to incite varying degrees of Fanboy driven arguments.
The use of miniature figures to create the mosaics in Star Wars Identities is derived from the exhibition's close look at what has literally shaped these characters. These portraits are an intriguing new approach towards the much loved space opera.
Stars Wars Identities Exhibition Gets to the Core of Characters
1. Digital Mosaic Portraits - The use of digital mosaics in the Star Wars Identities exhibition presents an opportunity for further exploration and potential innovation in the art and design industry.
2. Interactive Art Exhibitions - The idea of an interactive exhibition like Star Wars Identities presents opportunities for other art installations and galleries to create more engaging and immersive experiences for their visitors.
3. Character Motivations in Popular Culture - The emphasis on character motivations incorporated in the Star Wars Identities exhibition highlights the potential for further analysis and exploration of character development in various industries such as film, literature, and gaming.
1. Art and Design - The creation of digital mosaic portraits in the Star Wars Identities exhibition presents a unique opportunity for art and design professionals to further experiment with the technique and potentially create a new sub-genre within the industry.
2. Museums and Exhibitions - The success of the interactive art exhibition in the Star Wars Identities exhibition presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for other museums and exhibitions to create immersive experiences for visitors.
3. Entertainment - The emphasis on character development and motivation presented in the Star Wars Identities exhibition highlights an opportunity for the entertainment industry, particularly in film and gaming, to further explore and incorporate complex character development in their works.