The Spkr app launched late last year and it sought out to solve a problem that many content creators are experiencing. Due to the immense volume of podcasts surfacing on a day-to-day basis, it is often difficult to discover high-quality ones. As the "first audio platform centered on short-form content," Spkr app is attempting to solve this with an in-house team that selects short clips from various podcasts and an artificial intelligence algorithm that suggests content to users, based on the things that they like.
It appears that the Spkr app works with the swiping action, which was made popular by various dating platforms. Clips start playing automatically "to create a frictionless experience" and the AI algorithm tracks what clips are liked or skipped to curate a selection for each user. There are no onboarding questions.
Image Credit: Fast Company
The Spkr App is Focused on Curating Short Clips from Podcasts
1. Short-form Audio Platforms - Platforms that curate and recommend short clips from podcasts to solve the problem of discovering high-quality content.
2. Artificial Intelligence for Audio Curation - AI algorithms that track user preferences to suggest and curate relevant short-form audio content.
3. Frictionless Listening Experience - Audio platforms that use swiping action and automatic clip playing for a seamless and effortless user experience.
1. Podcasting - The podcast industry can use AI and short-form audio platforms to better curate and recommend high-quality podcast content.
2. Marketplace Platforms - Platforms that offer audio content for short-form consumption can disrupt the traditional models of long-form podcast consumption and advertising placement.
3. Content Discovery - The widespread use of AI for audio curation and content discovery can create opportunities to disrupt the way audio content is consumed and distributed.