Many people have played the game Spin the Bottle at parties when they were young and this dating app is an online embodiment of the same game, but for adults.
There now exists a myriad of choices for dating apps on the Internet and so the familiarity of the game Spin the Bottle may result in this particular choice being more memorable than others. It works by giving the user a handful of profiles in the form of a circle with a bottle in the middle. The user spins the bottle with a tap of their finger and once it has stopped on a profile, it opens up a 30-second live video speed date that allows users to get to know each other very quickly. From there, users of this app can determine whether they would like to pursue each other or not.
The Spin the Bottle dating app is playful, safe and removes the initial awkward face-to-face that other apps encourage due to the "blind date" aspect of their business models.
This App is an Online Dating Version of the Game "Spin the Bottle"
1. Online Speed Dating - There is an opportunity for companies to develop new platforms for speed dating and create a wider appeal for online dating.
2. Gamification of Dating Apps - There is the potential for games to be incorporated into dating apps to enhance the user experience and increase engagement.
3. Live Video Interactions - There is a trend towards increased use of live video as a means of communication, which also presents an opportunity to create new features in dating apps.
1. Online Dating - The online dating industry could benefit from incorporating more playful and interactive features in an effort to increase engagement and user retention.
2. Social Media - Social media platforms could explore the incorporation of video features for users to interact and connect with others in a more authentic and engaging format.
3. Gaming Industry - The gaming industry could leverage the gamification of dating apps to create new avenues for monetization and user engagement.