Avoid the common dip dilemma of trying to choose between hummus or guac with Trader Joe's new Organic Spicy Avocado Hummus. Perfect for chips or veggies, this dip brings together the best of everyone's two favorite spreads.
Trader Joe’s new Organic Spicy Avocado Hummus is a hybrid dip made from organic garbanzo beans and organic Mexican avocados. The base of the dip is then blended with lime juice, tahini, and extra virgin olive oil to give the dip a smooth and creamy hummus-like texture. The whole thing is finished off with organic spices and jalapeños for a much-needed kick. As Trader Joe's describes it, "the result is a smooth, slightly thick combo-condiment with quite a bit of heat."
For consumers who are conscious about how their food is processed, Trader Joe's makes clear that its dip is never frozen.
Image Credit: Trader Joe's.
Trader Joe’s Organic Spicy Avocado Hummus Combines Two Popular Dips
1. Spicy Avocado-based Dips - The merging of two popular dips, hummus and guac, introduces a new dip category that can disrupt the condiment industry.
2. Organic and Clean Labels - Consumers who value transparent and eco-friendly sourcing when buying food can offer growth from a disruptive innovation opportunity for organic and natural food industries.
3. Flavor Fusions - Innovations for flavor fusions are becoming more popular as consumers merge their food preferences to create unique yet flavorful profiles, providing the food industry with an opportunity for new product development.
1. Food Manufacturing - Food manufacturers can develop a new category for dips influenced by the merging of guac and hummus that delivers unique products to cater to customer demands.
2. Retail Industry - Retailers can capitalize on the increasing demand for natural and organic food products by promoting products that match their target market's values.
3. Gourmet Food Industry - The gourmet food industry can produce new lines of flavor fusions that merge unique tastes and preferences to create new specialty food products.