Luxury fashion house Balenciaga introduces a second iteration of its iconic Speed Trainers with the latest unveiling of the Speed 2.0. Designed by Demna Gvasalia takes the original design as the base foundation before detailing it with new and updated design elements.
The classic three dimensional knitted sock material is retained at the upper as it sits on top of a lightweight sole unit for a clean and minimal aesthetic overall. This time around, there are also updates that center around agility and comfort with the articulated molded sole unit for even more flexibility. The original had a full piece whereas the update showcases five segments sectioned off to support the various areas of the foot for ultimate support overall.
Image Credit: Balenciaga
Balenciaga's Speed 2.0 Shoes are Lightweight and Agile
1. Lightweight Luxury Footwear - Opportunity for luxury brands to create comfortable and stylish shoes using lightweight materials.
2. Ergonomic Sole Units - Opportunity for footwear brands to develop supportive, flexible and innovative sole units to provide ultimate comfort.
3. Sport-lux Fashion - Opportunity for luxury fashion brands to merge style and sports functionality for a new category of fashion.
1. Luxury Fashion - Luxury fashion brands can explore new materials and designs for sports-inspired footwear.
2. Athletic Footwear - Athletic footwear brands can further develop flexible and supportive sole units for improved performance and comfort.
3. Ready-to-wear Fashion - Ready-to-wear brands can utilize sportswear inspired designs for a new category of fashion products.