A new sound taxi that converts chatter into music is now cruising the streets of London. Created by designer Yuri Suzuki, the taxi is a boxy black vehicle that looks like it’s been surgically implanted with a good load of speakers in every direction.
Absorbing the street noise with the gigantic megaphones on the top, this DJ-like vehicle transforms the white noise into different music based on what sounds it’s collecting. The software manipulates the noise and replays it in its 67 speakers as it drives throughout the streets, giving the bustling city some different background noise.
For those who are wondering where the noise in the megaphones are actually going, they are recorded and uploaded onto Yuri Suzuki’s Web site, so make sure you’re not saying anything incriminating in public.
The New White Noise Sound Taxi Invades the Streets of London
1. Chatter-canceling Taxis - Opportunity for taxi companies to implement sound-cancellation technology to enhance passenger experience and reduce noise pollution.
2. Vehicle-generated Music - Potential for designers and artists to create vehicles that convert surrounding sounds into unique and personalized musical experiences.
3. Sound Manipulation Technology - Opportunity for tech companies to develop software and algorithms that can transform ambient noise into various forms of audible entertainment.
1. Transportation - Taxi companies and ride-hailing services can explore integrating sound-cancellation systems into their vehicles to offer a soothing and peaceful ride.
2. Design - Designers and artists can explore creating innovative vehicles or installations that convert environmental sounds into immersive audio experiences.
3. Technology - Tech companies can focus on developing software and algorithms to manipulate sound and create personalized soundscapes for different environments and settings.