Meeting someone face to face isn't as memorable as one might think, something these Sound Perfume glasses aim to change. These innovative glasses -- which kind of look like white 3D glasses -- help you tap into your other senses when meeting someone by emitting sounds and smells associated with the other person.
Created by Keio University researchers, the Sound Perfume glasses create a completely engaging experience for both parties by providing each wearer with information on the other person, including his or her contact number, unique sounds and odor. You get to choose what smell and sounds you want to emit using a special app, and built-in infrared sensors, speakers and scent emitters on the glasses make it happen.
The video here provides more information on how the Sound Perfume glasses work.
Sound Perfume Glasses Enhance Face-to-Face Encounters
1. Multi-sensory Technology - Creating innovative glasses that emit smell and sound enhance face-to-face encounters, and could lead to even more multi-sensory technology.
2. Wearable Tech Innovations - The Sound Perfume glasses are a great example of how wearable tech can be implemented beyond just fitness tracking and communication, and can lead to a variety of wearable tech innovations.
3. Personalized Experience - Incorporating smells and sounds unique to an individual can enhance the personalized experience of wearing these glasses, and could lead to even more personalized technology in the future.
1. Fashion Industry - The Sound Perfume glasses are an innovative accessory that could be incorporated into the fashion industry for a unique multi-sensory experience.
2. Health and Wellness Industry - Future applications of multi-sensory technology in health and wellness, such as incorporating smell for aromatherapy benefits, can create innovative solutions for the industry.
3. Hospitality Industry - The Sound Perfume glasses could be a unique offering to enhance the experience at hotels, restaurants and other hospitality venues and lead to further multi-sensory offerings within the industry.