The Fall 2018 collection by Red Valentino boasts sophisticated clothing designs inspired by the Cold War time period. Appropriating the smart fashion silhouettes of the 50s and 60s, Pierpaolo Piccioli highlights beautiful navy double-breasted coats and slogan graphics of era-appropriate cryptography mixed with modern texting slang—L0V3 Y06, M155 Y06, etc. The oblique messages are stamped down arm sleeves and on the back of fisherman sweaters.
Each piece in the sophisticated clothing line is "named for the craftsperson who made it," which strengthens not only the relationship between the couture fashion label and the supplier, but also the understanding of the public with regard to production processes, the industry's ethical codes and interconnected departments.
Photo Credits: Red Valentino
Red Valentino's Sophisticated Clothing Draws from the Cold War
1. Cryptography-inspired Clothing - Opportunity for fashion brands to incorporate encryption-inspired designs in their clothing lines, merging historical elements with modern technology.
2. Smart Fashion Silhouettes - Opportunity for designers to incorporate 50s and 60s fashion silhouettes with modern technologies, creating unique and innovative clothing designs.
3. Craftsperson Empowerment - Opportunity for fashion labels to enhance their relationship with suppliers, promote ethical production processes, and empower craftspersons by naming clothing pieces after them.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore the incorporation of cryptography-inspired designs in clothing lines to create unique and attention-grabbing pieces.
2. Technology - The technology industry can collaborate with fashion brands to develop innovative smart fashion silhouettes that blend historical elements with modern technology.
3. Ethical Fashion - The ethical fashion industry can embrace the concept of craftsperson empowerment by collaborating with fashion labels to promote fair production practices and highlight the individuals behind the clothing creation process.