Somnox has announced the launch of its first smart sleep companion, which arrives in the form of a pillow-like device that is meant to be taken into bed at night. The new device connects to an accompanying app and has been designed specifically to help users improve nighttime breathing and help settle their minds before bed.
The smart sleep companion comes equipped with Somnox’s 'Haptic Breathing' technology, which helps guide users breathing patterns through a unique pneumatic system and air bladder, which literally inhales and exhales to mimic natural breathing to teach users proper breathing rhythms.
"We set out to create a safe, comfortable, and science-backed sleep aid that improves sleep through the power of breath and its impact on the autonomic nervous system. Somnox is proven to help people fall asleep faster by reducing feelings of stress and anxiety while also improving mood and energy levels the next day," said Julian Jagtenberg, CEO and co-founder, of Somnox.
Image Credit: New Balance
Somnox's New Smart Sleep Companion Comes with Haptic Breathing Tech
1. Smart Sleep Companions - The development of smart sleep companions with unique features like haptic breathing technology provides an area for disruptive innovation in the sleep industry.
2. Haptic Breathing Technology - Innovative technology, such as Somnox’s Haptic Breathing pneumatic system, can improve learning experiences and can be applied to other industries, including healthcare and education.
3. Science-backed Sleep Aids - The formulation and development of science-backed sleep aids can improve sleep quality and create disruption in the wellness industry.
1. Sleep Industry - The development of smart sleep companions and their unique features presents opportunities for innovation and growth in the sleep industry.
2. Healthcare Industry - Innovative technology, such as Somnox’s Haptic Breathing pneumatic system, can be implemented in various aspects of healthcare to improve patient outcomes and experiences.
3. Education Industry - The Haptic Breathing technology can be utilized in education to help learners retain knowledge better and improve cognitive performance.