Observing this soft stone chair, you might be confused about its purpose. It looks like a large irregular boulder has simply been elevated on a set of three legs. Given this composition and the size of the odd object, one's initial curiosity might lead him to see an unusual seat. He would be right, of course, for the Stone Foam Stool is intended for sitting.
While the rocky top appears to be a convincing geological sample, it's actually been made from a mixture of polyurethane soft foam and clay grains, which are expanded into a rough and realistic silicone mold before the finished product is painted an ashen color. Just try and rest your weight on this soft stone chair. It may not look comfortable, but you'll find that it gives way for an unexpectedly cushioned surface.
This Soft Stone Chair Feels More Comfortable Than Its Rocky Surface Appears
1. Soft Stone Furniture - Creating more soft stone furniture pieces for comfort with realistic-looking silicone molds and expanded clay grains.
2. Polyurethane Soft Foam - Exploring other applications of soft foam and how it can be incorporated in various products to enhance the user experience.
3. Unconventional Furniture Design - Designing furniture pieces that are aesthetically unconventional, yet surprisingly comfortable and functional.
1. Furniture Industry - Innovative approaches to furniture design and production using unconventional materials and advanced manufacturing processes.
2. Home Decor Industry - Creating unique and visually interesting home decor options that offer both practical and aesthetic value.
3. Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Industry - Using artificial intelligence and robotics to simulate unconventional design and production processes for furniture and other similar products.