The Vogue China Soft Shapes August 2014 editorial makes a convincing case for pursuing gothic looks this season. Model Mona Matsuoka sported the rebellious looks with what appeared to be ease, showcasing dark lipstick alongside deep red hues that revealed little color.
In addition to the cosmetics and tresses of Matsuoka, Vogue China also aimed to incorporate other classics from the gothic closet. This was seen in wide brimmed black hats, chunky black footwear, long trench coats and an assortment of oversize knits.
While this look may be conceived as too daring for some, readers of Vogue China can also pick and choose from varying items displayed in these ensembles. In this way, fans of the magazine can reinterpret the styles.
The Vogue China August 2014 Soft Shapes Photoshoot Introduces Rebellion
1. Gothic Fashion - Opportunity for retailers and designers to embrace dark, rebellious fashion trends.
2. Cosmetics - Chance for beauty brands to create products that cater to the gothic aesthetic.
3. Oversize Knits - Potential for fashion brands to capitalize on the trend by creating comfortable, oversized knitwear.
1. Fashion Retail - Retailers can cater to the growing demand for gothic-inspired clothing and accessories.
2. Beauty - Cosmetic companies can develop gothic-themed makeup products to meet the needs of this trend.
3. Textile - Textile manufacturers can produce oversize knit fabrics to supply the demand for gothic fashion.