â€œThe hunter in pursuit of an elephant, does not stop to throw stones at birdsâ€, so reads the print on the back of one of socially conscious fashion brand Bantu Republic's new tees. Wise words from the precocious young brand whose name and logo are inspired by African mythology.
Bantu Republic launched its online store this week, crafting limited edition t-shirts with meaning, that blend substance into style in celebration of individual truth. The New York brand, founded on socially conscious, sustainable and ethical fashion principles, is described as producing compelling designs that challenge our perception of important issues shaping our culture and defining our world.
It stands as a challenge to other designer brands that have lost touch with the power of fashion to define us as individuals and celebrate our political expression, leaving as narrow a mark on our environment as possible while making a big impact on our perceptions and in our communities. The good folks at Bantu Republic are certainly taking on that challenge head on, and by this author's estimation - without any distraction by stone throwing at measly little birds.
Bantu Republic Tees With A Conscience
1. Socially Conscious Fashion - Brands can create limited edition products that blend substance into style to promote individual truths and raise awareness about important issues shaping our culture.
2. Ethical and Sustainable Fashion - Brands can adopt sustainable and ethical fashion principles to leave a smaller environmental footprint and make a positive impact on society.
3. Fashion as Political Expression - Fashion brands can leverage their designs to celebrate individual political expression, redefine our cultural perceptions, and create a sense of community among individuals.
1. Fashion and Apparel - Fashion brands can adopt socially conscious, ethical, and sustainable practices to promote individual truths, raise awareness about important issues, and leverage fashion as a form of political expression.
2. Sustainable Fashion - Sustainable fashion brands can use limited edition products and unique designs to promote individual truths, raise awareness, and create a sense of community among individuals who value sustainable and ethical fashion principles.
3. Socially Conscious Brands - Brands that prioritize social responsibility and sustainability can use fashion as a means of creating positive change, promoting individual expression, and building meaningful connections with their customers.