The Smart Hoodie was developed by grad students Rucha Patwardhan and Alina Balean from NYU as a more efficient way to message. Although there is a lot of wearable technology that's now popping up, rather than adding something that you might not normally wear like a watch or a pair of glasses, this text messaging helper is integrated right into the fabric of a sweatshirt.
This high-tech hoodie is designed so that the embedded GSM radio can pick up on a number of gestures. For example, touching the hood of the sweater or rolling up a sleeve will trigger a text message to be sent to a pre-determined contact. Since these gestures are less obvious than pulling out a cellphone in the case of an emergency, the Smart Hoodie could have huge potential for keeping people safe.
The Smart Hoodie Sends SMS Messages Based on Gestures
1. Wearable Technology Integration - The integration of wearable technology into clothing allows for seamless and convenient communication.
2. Gestural Interaction - Using gestures as a form of interaction with technology opens up new possibilities for intuitive and discreet communication.
3. Personal Safety Innovations - Developing products that prioritize personal safety through discreet and easily accessible communication can revolutionize emergency response systems.
1. Fashion Tech - The fashion industry can explore the integration of technology into clothing to create innovative and functional garments.
2. Consumer Electronics - Companies in the consumer electronics industry can develop new products that make use of gestural interaction as a communication method.
3. Safety and Security - The safety and security industry can leverage innovative personal safety solutions like the Smart Hoodie to enhance emergency communication and response systems.