The 'smallgroup' design Kickstarter project is a really interesting one that laser cuts a message into cards. This specific project is geared towards the 'thank you' card. Sometimes the best way to say thanks to someone else is with a card with a laser cut message.
The smallgroup project has been successful enough to reach its funding target on Kickstarter. I will be really interested to see future projects from the smallgroup design collective. This is one of those gifts that would be great for just about anyone.
Implications - Youth consumers are attracted to innovative design concepts that are quirky and original. Designs like these express the uniqueness of this demographic. Companies should consider how to offer one-off creations that reflect the originality of this consumer base.
'smallgroup' Design Creates Unique Thank You Notes
1. Youth Attraction to Innovative Design - Opportunity for companies to create quirky and original designs that appeal to the youth demographic.
2. Laser-cut Personalized Products - Disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to offer one-off creations with laser-cut messages.
3. Crowdfunding Success in Design Projects - Opportunity for designers and creators to fund their innovative projects through platforms like Kickstarter.
1. Stationery and Greeting Card Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity to incorporate laser-cut technology in the creation of unique and personalized greeting cards.
2. Youth-focused Gift and Novelty Industry - Opportunity to tap into the youth market by offering quirky and original laser-cut products as unique gifts and novelties.
3. Crowdfunding and Project Funding Platforms - Opportunity to provide support and resources for innovative design projects through crowdfunding platforms like Kickstarter.