The Skype ‘Stay Together’ campaign is a meaningful ad that shows the amazing possibilities that this connection platform can offer. The free video calling service is making a smart step in the advertising world with this incredibly touching and motivating video.
In this video, Denis, a Pennsylvania resident with family members back in Uganda, is able to connect with his son and family via Skype across different continents. Connecting while cooking and just hanging out, it shows how Denis’s life has been radically altered by the ability to see his family’s faces on the social connection platform. Though bittersweet, the Stay Together ad does show the possibilities that Skype offers through its service. Their “impossible family portrait” signifies the ability to connect from great distances and keep a part of each other’s lives.
Skype’s ‘Stay Together’ Website
Skype on Twitter
Skype on Facebook
The Skype ‘Stay Together’ Ad Strikes the Heart
1. Connection Campaigns - Brands can create campaigns that highlight the emotional and psychological benefits of their connectivity platforms.
2. Virtual Family Gatherings - Apps can be developed to help families have meaningful and interactive get-togethers despite being in different locations.
3. Global Relationships - Businesses can leverage technology to help people sustain interpersonal relationships despite physical distance.
1. Telecommunications - Companies can develop innovative communication tools to provide better connectivity options for people around the world.
2. Social Media - Social media platforms can create features that allow families to interact more deeply with each other across distances.
3. Travel Industry - Travel agencies can incorporate virtual reality technology to help people experience being present with their loved ones despite the physical distance.