The Skittles Boombox advert may be the best commercial the candy brand has ever had, and it was not even intentional. They gave the dancing man Trale Lewous -- aka Nathan Barnatt -- a boombox made of Skittles and he, in turn, made an epic commercial.
The video features the guy dressed in a tight, red, skimpy outfit showing off his dance moves around his neighborhood. The music is upbeat; he draws in several characters and the result will make your heart race as if you’re on a mega sugar high. Barnatt ties bags of Skittles around his waist and as he dances around, rainbows of color that splash from his groin area. It is hilarity and stunning color combined into one video, making for an extravaganza of random fun. The Skittles Boombox video has made Nathan Barnatt my hero. Lesson learned for brands: give awesome things to crazy people.
The Skittles Boombox Advert is Bursting With Joy and Color
1. Viral Candy Commercials - There is a disruptive innovation opportunity for marketing campaigns that focus on showcasing viral video ads filled with dancing, humor, and colors.
2. Social Media Marketing - Brands can leverage social media platforms to promote their products and reach a wider audience through colorful and engaging video commercials.
3. User-generated Content - Brands can encourage users to create their own Skittles-inspired dance videos through partnership contests, creating deeper engagement with their audience and unique content for future ad campaigns.
1. Candy Industry - The candy industry can take advantage of the Skittles Boombox commercial's success to create more colorful and creative ads that appeal to younger audiences.
2. Advertising Industry - Advertising agencies can create campaigns around vibrant and catchy videos to promote their client's products and services, luring audiences to connect with their brands more effectively.
3. Entertainment Industry - Production houses can develop online content and work with influencers to create short and entertaining videos using music, dance, and humor to engage audiences, influencing future consumer behavior and creating new marketing channels.