Google: you gotta love 'em. They have their information-indexing fingers in every conceivable data-cookie jar on the planet, so it should come as no surprise that they are getting into television ads.
Now, pay attention. This is pretty neat. Structured just like the online ads that made them multi-bizillionaires, the TV ads will target audience age, gender, income, and buying habits.
Implications - The user interface is suppose to be much simpler than its web counterpart. The idea behind this project is to "draw in advertisers who don't normally put ads on TV," according to product manager Keval Desai. All the data will remain anonymous, so while the ads will target various demographic categories, it'll be impossible to target specific households with ads.
1. Targeted Television Ads - Opportunity for advertisers to reach specific target audiences based on age, gender, income, and buying habits through television ads.
2. Simpler User Interface - Opportunity to create a user-friendly interface for television ads, similar to the online ad experience, to attract advertisers who are new to TV advertising.
3. Anonymous Data Collection - Opportunity to collect anonymous data for targeted advertising without compromising individual privacy.
1. Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity for advertising agencies to leverage targeted television ads and reach specific audiences effectively.
2. Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity for technology companies to develop user-friendly interfaces for targeted television ads.
3. Data Privacy - Disruptive innovation opportunity for data privacy companies to develop anonymization techniques for effective targeted advertising without compromising individual privacy.