Hardcore console gamers are going to love the Signal RP1, a new controller designed specifically for iOS devices. The wireless controller connects via Bluetooth and allows you to play games on your iDevice as if you were playing them on an Xbox or PlayStation. Wireless controllers for iPhones and iPads are nothing new, but those devices usually make design concessions of some sort. Some are smaller than traditional controllers while others are actually docking systems with buttons and analog sticks placed on them.
The Signal RP1 looks exactly like a modern gaming controller and features two analog sticks, a directional pad, shoulder triggers and four action buttons. The result is a controller that both looks and acts the part of a normal game remote. The Signal RP1 works with iOS 7 and up and is being sold for $100.
The Signal RP1 is a Carbon Copy of Console Game Remotes
1. Full-sized Smartphone Game Controllers - The trend of developing full-sized game controllers specifically for smartphones and tablets presents an opportunity for companies to tap into the growing mobile gaming market.
2. Wireless Game Controllers - The trend of developing wireless game controllers for mobile devices presents an opportunity for companies to create more immersive gaming experiences on the go.
3. Console Gaming Experience on Mobile Devices - The trend of creating game controllers that emulate the look and feel of console controllers presents an opportunity for mobile device manufacturers to capture a wider audience of hardcore gamers.
1. Mobile Device Manufacturing - Mobile device manufacturers can collaborate with gaming companies to create gaming-specific phones and tablets with built-in full-sized game controllers, leveraging the popularity of mobile gaming and improving the user experience.
2. Gaming Hardware Manufacturing - Gaming hardware manufacturers can design and produce wireless game controllers for mobile devices, creating an entirely new product category and tapping into the growing mobile gaming market.
3. Gaming Software Development - Gaming software developers can focus on creating games designed specifically for full-sized game controllers on mobile devices, offering an immersive console-like gaming experience on the go.