'Shoutr' is a new startup that created a platform that allows museum and event curators to develop multimedia guides for visitors. These guides can be created quickly and without previous expertise in computer programming. The Shoutr platform allows for multimedia guide creation through an intuitive drag-and-drop system. This means curators can simply type out information and arrange it easily. Additionally, Shoutr includes an assisted content management system that can help create programs based on provided information.
The Shoutr can be paired with a local networking device titled the 'Shoutr.Boxx.' This is a local hub that hosts the multimedia guide on a local network, meaning individuals with smartphones do not need to use mobile data in order to access the multimedia guide. On top of this, the Shoutr.Boxx allows for convenient integration with augmented reality and mixed reality guides, as each individual on the local network can access these features through a mobile smartphone's camera without needing to download an application.
Image Credit: shutterstock
Shoutr Allows Curators to Develop Digital Guides for Visitors
1. Digital Museum Guides - Creating multimedia museum guides through an intuitive drag-and-drop system provides opportunity for disruptive innovation in the museum industry.
2. Assisted Content Management - The development of an assisted content management system provides opportunities for disruptive innovation in the technology industry, specifically for content creation and management software.
3. Mixed Reality Integration - Integrating mixed reality features into digital museum guides offers opportunities for disruptive innovation in the augmented reality and virtual reality technology industries.
1. Museum - The Shoutr platform provides new opportunities for digital museum guides, giving museums the opportunity to innovate how they present information to visitors.
2. Technology - Shoutr's assisted content management system and integration of mixed reality features provide opportunities for disruptive innovation in content creation and management software, augmented reality, and virtual reality.
3. Tourism - The development of easily accessible and interactive multimedia guides through Shoutr and Shoutr.Boxx provides opportunities for disruptive innovation in the tourism industry's approach to showcasing cultural attractions and destinations.