The Yellow Pages group is helping small business digitize their retail spaces through the 'Shop The Neighbourhood' campaign. The one day event hopes to drive more foot traffic into local businesses to help curb the rise of online shopping. The event is strategically placed between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, a time when many Canadians prefer to shop online or across the border.
Participating stores will receive free advertising on YP.ca and YP Shopwise, a deal-finding app. By downloading the app, Canadians will be able to access Shop The Neighbourhood promotions. Accompanying the campaign is a pilot project that uses iBeacon technology at participating retailers. On November 28th, shoppers who use the YP Shopwise app will receive notifications alerting them when a deal or promotion is nearby.
The 'Shop the Neighborhood' Campaign Encourages Local Shopping
1. Digitalizing Small Businesses - The 'Shop The Neighbourhood' campaign helps small businesses digitize their retail spaces for better visibility and growth.
2. Hyperlocal Shopping Initiatives - Shop The Neighbourhood focuses on driving foot traffic into local businesses, promoting hyperlocal shopping and community growth.
3. Ibeacon Technology in Retail - The pilot project of Shop The Neighbourhood uses iBeacon technology to alert shoppers of nearby deals and promotions, paving the way for innovative retail experiences.
1. Local Retail - Shop The Neighbourhood is beneficial for local retail and small businesses, increasing visibility and sales.
2. E-commerce - Shop The Neighbourhood aims to encourage customers to shop locally and curb the trend of online shopping, which may disrupt the e-commerce industry.
3. Mobile Apps - YP Shopwise, an app that supports Shop The Neighbourhood, offers a unique platform for mobile shopping and advertising opportunities for small businesses.