The 'Shimi' music robot promises to get the party started. This awesome piece of technology is part of a Kickstarter campaign and was designed by a team of robot experts from IDC, Georgia Tech and the MIT Media Lab. This isn't any regular music player, as Shimi literally dances around to your favorite song and can personally interact and understand you.
Shimi works by connecting to your smartphone, and once a beat is selected, Shimi will follow you around the room, stomping its foot and shaking its head. According to OhGizmo, Shimi can find a song for you when you clap your hands to the beat, or you can ask it to play your favorite tune.
This is definitely a piece of technology to bust out when your friends want to get their dance on. Check out the accompanying video to see how it works.
The 'Shimi' Music Robot is Interactive and Intelligent
1. Interactive Robots - The development of interactive robots like Shimi presents opportunities for innovative human-robot interactions.
2. Smartphone Integration - The integration of smartphones with robots like Shimi opens up possibilities for new forms of entertainment and personalization.
3. Intelligent Music Players - The emergence of intelligent music players like Shimi showcases advancements in AI and machine learning in the field of music technology.
1. Consumer Electronics - Consumer electronics companies can leverage the trend of interactive robots for creating unique and engaging entertainment products.
2. Entertainment Technology - The entertainment industry can explore the use of smartphone-integrated robots like Shimi to enhance live performances and interactive experiences.
3. Artificial Intelligence - The field of artificial intelligence can benefit from the development of intelligent music players like Shimi, pushing the boundaries of AI and machine learning in music composition and analysis.