Just when it seemed that every possible flavor of candy canes already existed, Archie McPhee has begun selling new Shiitake Mushroom Candy Canes.
Archie McPhee is a novelty brand that has previously sold pickle and rotisserie chicken-flavored candy canes in the past. Now the brand is offering up Shiitake Mushroom Candy Canes. These unusual candy canes feature a brown and white striped design and apparently taste just like cooked mushrooms. As Archie McPhee includes in the product description: "Shiitake Mushroom Candy Canes may seem odd at first, but they’re sprouting up all over the place." The brand even claims that Santa is a fan of the fungi-infused confection.
The Shiitake Mushroom Candy Canes are currently available from Archie McPhee in boxes of six.
Image Credit: Archie McPhee
These Shiitake Mushroom Candy Canes Taste Like Cooked Mushrooms
1. Mushroom-flavored Confections - The trend of mushroom-flavored candies presents an opportunity for companies to experiment with unique flavor combinations.
2. Unconventional Candy Cane Flavors - The trend of creating unusual candy cane flavors provides an opportunity for brands to differentiate themselves from competitors and create a buzz around their products.
3. Novelty Food Products - The trend of releasing novelty food products presents an opportunity for brands to tap into the growing demand for unique and unconventional products.
1. Confectionery - The confectionery industry can experiment with unique flavor combinations and draw inspiration from unusual ingredients to create innovative products.
2. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can tap into the trend of creating novelty products by exploring unconventional flavors and introducing fun and unexpected packaging designs.
3. Marketing and Advertising - The marketing and advertising industry can use the trend of unconventional products to create buzz and generate interest in their clients' products.