The 'Sharpener' lampshades have been designed by Nanako Kume as a whimsical, childhood-inspired home decor style that calls to mind classroom art supplies.
The lampshades are designed with specific wood styles and grains in mind, which are then shaped to give them a pencil-inspired form. The pieces of wood are then dyed on the exterior before being shaved using a large blade system to craft one-of-a-kind illuminator accessories for any home or office space. The lampshades take a decidedly childish approach to home decor, which will no doubt be admired by those with a penchant for rustically artistic aesthetics.
Kume commented on the 'Sharpener' lampshades saying, "Since childhood, I was fascinated by the shape and fleetingness of shavings that are made when sharpening pencil. I thought that by increasing the size and thickness of what must be discarded as waste, it would be possible to create new products while maintaining the beauty of the shape.”
The 'Sharpener' Lampshades by Nanako Kume are Charming
1. Childhood-inspired Home Decor - Creating unique designs inspired by childhood memories to offer a non-conventional decor style for homes and offices.
2. Whimsical Lighting - Designing playful and creative lighting fixtures for an artistic and lively ambiance to spaces.
3. Sustainable Woodworking - Incorporating sustainable woodworking and eco-friendly practices to offer environmentally-conscious decor options.
1. Home Decor - Introducing unconventional and creative designs to liven up the aesthetics of homes and apartments.
2. Lighting - Producing fun and exciting lighting options for commercial and residential applications, such as hospitality and interior design.
3. Furniture Design - Incorporating sustainable woodworking practices in the creation of furniture.