Nexus Electronics has created 'SENSE' to measure air quality. The device can also monitor sound, light, temperature, etc. The project was founded by Zack Seifert, a 17-year-old electronics fanatic from California. Zack created this device due to climate change. He believes it is more important now than ever to monitor and take control of the environment.
In recent years, we have witnessed numerous forest fires and increased air pollution. The World Health Organization estimates that air pollution is the cause of more than 4.2 million deaths yearly.
The SENSE device acts as a sensor shield and collects weather data such as temperature, air quality, pressure, and altitude. The gadget is connected to a microcontroller, and all data can be uploaded online to promote climate education.
Those interested in supporting the project can find out more on the Nexus website.
Image Credit: Nexus Electronics
Nexus Electronics Has Created the 'SENSE' to Measure Air Quality
1. Environmental Monitoring Devices - Creating affordable, small-sized environmental monitoring systems for homes, schools and hospitals can lead to increased awareness and timely action concerning our changing climate.
2. Internet of Things (iot) Devices for Climate Control - With the increasing use of IoT devices, integrating air quality, humidity, and temperature sensors to residential and corporate spaces can provide real-time monitoring of indoor ecosystem to maintain overall health and productivity.
3. Youth Innovation - Encouraging and supporting young innovators can lead to a new and innovative solution for climate change and environmental issues.
1. Electronics Industry - The electronics industry has a significant opportunity to develop environmental monitoring devices with newer and affordable technology to meet the present-day environmental concerns.
2. Smart Homes Industry - The smart homes industry can integrate environmental monitoring systems solutions to its customers, leading to an increase in demand for such products, increasing overall revenue.
3. Education Industry - Educational institutions can help raise awareness by incorporating environmental monitoring as a part of the curriculum and providing the devices and instruments with affordable pricing to promote a culture of resource conservation and environment sustainability.