Raf Simons and luxe brand Eastpak draw inspiration from the futuristic and dystopian universe of Blade Runner in their Spring/Summer 2018 sci-fi backpack collaboration. The bag line "fuses post-industrial designs with alternative Asian street styles." The product has been created with the city dweller in mind with dark colorways, rich functionality features and easily accessible compartments.
Keeping up with Ridley Scott's cinematic cyber-punk aesthetic, the Raf Simons and Eastpak collaboration boasts canvas, metal detailing, as well as PVC. A highlight of the sci-fi backpack collection is a fully PVC-encapsulated bag with a pink custom lining and Chinese character detailing. Additionally, the line reaches product diversity with a premium special addition black canvas duffel with interchangeable carry handles, that is minimalist and utilitarian in appearance.
Raf Simons & Eastpak Tap into the Blade Runner Universe
1. Futuristic Backpacks - The collaboration between Raf Simons and Eastpak showcases futuristic backpack designs inspired by the Blade Runner universe.
2. Post-industrial Fashion - The bag line fuses post-industrial designs with alternative Asian street styles, creating a unique fashion trend.
3. Functional Accessibility - The sci-fi backpack collection is designed with easily accessible compartments and rich functionality features for city dwellers.
1. Fashion - The luxury fashion industry can explore innovative designs and collaborations inspired by futuristic and dystopian universes.
2. Consumer Goods - The consumer goods industry can tap into the trend of post-industrial fashion, creating functional and stylish backpacks for urban dwellers.
3. Retail - Retailers can focus on providing fully PVC-encapsulated bags with unique custom linings and Chinese character detailing to cater to the growing demand for futuristic backpacks.