A small raised surface may be all that you need, but it's clear that you could get so much more out of it, as in the case of the Safety Vase. So much more than a bedside table, this unique piece of walnut wood atop spindly whittled legs incorporates a small hole through which a woven amphora has been placed.
Hannah Niskanen-Benady created this peculiar project as a way to explore the relationship between hard materials and soft ones, curious to see how they could be brought together in harmony. The result is an utterly charming side table that enhances to aesthetic and the function of an otherwise ordinary piece of furniture. The crocheted merino wool vessels that hang through the night stands provide users with a gentle sensory experience when they go to collect their jewelry, car keys or other possessions from the Safety Vase.
The Safety Vase Provides a Soft Storage Place for Valuables
1. Soft Material Integration - There is an opportunity to explore the combination of hard and soft materials in innovative ways, as seen in the Safety Vase.
2. Enhanced Aesthetics - Furniture pieces that incorporate unique and aesthetically pleasing designs, like the Safety Vase, offer opportunities to enhance the visual appeal of ordinary objects.
3. Sensory Functionalities - Creating furniture with sensory experiences, such as the crocheted merino wool vessels in the Safety Vase, can provide unique and satisfying interactions for users.
1. Furniture and Home Decor - The furniture industry can explore integrating soft and hard materials, as well as incorporating unique designs, to create innovative and visually appealing pieces.
2. Jewelry and Accessories - Incorporating sensory elements, like the crocheted merino wool vessels, into jewelry storage solutions can provide a unique and enjoyable experience for customers.
3. Interior Design - Interior designers can consider furniture pieces with distinctive designs and sensory functionalities, like the Safety Vase, to create visually appealing and engaging spaces for their clients.