Animated iPhone covers are good fun, by why not call it like it is with these S/O/T/O Design Museum gadget protectors? Mash Creative's State of the Obvious collection has been expanded to incorporate GelaSkins, covers and wallpapers for the iPad 1 and 2 and the iPhone 3 and 4, while a line of USB sticks, markers, key chains, wallets and more have been developed for those who care to celebrate the truth of the objects they possess.
Appealing particularly to editorial design lovers, the S/O/T/O Design Museum collection references the mid-twentieth century International Typographic Style with plain white text on a black background. The words simply express the nature of the product with statements like "This is my Phone Skin" and "This is my 1GB Stick."
The S/O/T/O Design Museum Collection Labels Electronics Explicitly
1. Explicit Product Labeling - Opportunity for companies to create products with straightforward and descriptive labels, challenging traditional packaging design.
2. Personalized Accessories - Potential for customizable gadget protectors and other accessories that allow individuals to express their personality and preferences.
3. Retro Design Revival - Rising popularity of mid-twentieth century International Typographic Style and minimalist design in consumer products.
1. Consumer Electronics - Disruptive innovation opportunities in the development of transparent and straightforward product labeling in electronics.
2. Fashion Accessories - Opportunity for designers to create personalized and customizable gadget protectors that reflect individual style.
3. Graphic Design - Potential for graphic designers to explore and revive the mid-twentieth century International Typographic Style in product labeling and packaging design.