PUMA recently launches the latest silhouette to its RS-0 pack, and it is the captivating RS-0 OPTIC sneakers that originally launched in the 80s. The Running Systems pack, better known as RS, pushes the potential of what running shoes can achieve. The label highlights three main pillars that sit in the spotlight of cultural development in the 80s, which were decidedly music, gaming, and photography. The RS-0 SOUND sneakers dropped in the representation of music, the RS-0 PLAY sneakers nodded to gaming and the latest RS-0 OPTIC to photography. The sneakers boast retro designs, while still exuding futuristic approaches, and PUMA calls this "FUTRO."
The editorial for the new sneakers boast a FUTRO element and it is curated and shot by Australian artist and illustrator Anna Pogossova. Her work borders between photography and illustration, and can be described as pop-surrealism. It is shot with unique geometric shapes and photography elements such as light and glass distortion, aberrations and glitches.
In terms of the sneaker, it is predominantly crafted from reflective synthetic leather materials, chosen to represent a camera's flash and it is available in monochromatic hues. The uppers are a contemporary sock-style done with leather overlays, perforated vamp, and a clean tonal lacing system. There is also an R-Systems emblem adorning the tongue and the outsoles.
PUMA Drops the RS-0 OPTIC as Its Latest to the RS-0 Series
1. Retro-futuristic Sneakers - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating sneakers that blend retro design elements with futuristic approaches.
2. Photography-inspired Fashion - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in designing fashion items that incorporate photography aesthetics and elements.
3. Pop-surrealism Art Influences - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in incorporating the whimsical and surrealistic elements of pop art into various industries.
1. Footwear - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the creation of reflective and camera-inspired materials and designs in the footwear industry.
2. Fashion - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the fusion of photography and fashion, incorporating unique geometric shapes and elements of light and distortion.
3. Art and Design - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in embracing and applying the aesthetic principles of surrealism and pop art into various art and design industries.