The Ron English studio contains hundreds of artifacts that could be considered living, breathing parts of American art history. English is one of America’s most decorated and in-demand contemporary artists. His work, which primarily focuses on brand imagery and advertising, has famously mocked and satirized some of America’s biggest corporations, including Joe Camel, McDonald’s and Disney.
Not all of his work has been subversive, however. English is also a sought after as a CD cover design artist. His CD cover work has been used by Slash of Guns N’ Roses fame, the Dandy Warhols and Chris Brown.
The Ron English studio visit was organized by ITDREWITSELF and features an in-depth look at his workspace and at some of his many creations. English’s work will also be exhibited at the Lazarides Gallery in London, England, and the Charles Schulz Museum in Santa Rose, California, on June 23, 2011.
The Ron English Studio is a Monument to American Art
1. Contemporary Art Workspaces - Opportunity for modern art galleries to offer unique, immersive experiences to visitors.
2. Brand Satire Artwork - Opportunity for companies to use satire in their marketing and branding, borrowing inspiration from Ron English's work.
3. CD Cover Design Artistry - Opportunity for musicians to feature artwork by notable contemporary artists on their album covers.
1. Art Galleries - Art galleries can use immersive, interactive spaces to attract more visitors.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Companies can use satire to differentiate themselves and stand out in a crowded market.
3. Music Industry - Musicians can explore new opportunities to collaborate with contemporary artists for album cover designs.