Rock the Wheel is a new startup that's making custom-made clothing for wheel chair users, that's both accessible and fashion-forward.
People without mobility issues are typically aware of the special accommodations wheel chair users require for work and school, but very few consider that those with mobile limitations require custom clothing that's been designed to specifically meet their accommodation needs. Rock the Wheel aims to offer clothing that's both custom-made and fashionable, providing the three million wheel chair users in the United States with a more stylish alternative.
The line boasts six wardrobe essentials that were designed to be mixed and matched for both work and leisure. The stylish garments include zippered jean jackets, work pants with hidden pockets and comfortable buttoned dress shirts.
Photo Credits: designboom, rockthewheel
Rock the Wheel Makes Stylish Clothing for Wheel Chair Users
1. Custom Wheelchair Clothing - Opportunity for fashion-forward clothing brands to tap into the market of custom-made clothing for wheelchair users.
2. Inclusive Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity for clothing brands to design accessible and fashionable clothing for people with mobility limitations.
3. Adaptive Clothing - Opportunity for startups to create a line of adaptive clothing that meets the specific accommodation needs of wheelchair users.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can explore the market for custom-made and stylish clothing for wheelchair users.
2. Healthcare - Healthcare companies can benefit by incorporating adaptive clothing into their offerings for patients with mobility limitations.
3. Technology - There is potential for tech companies to develop innovative solutions such as fabric technology and smart features in clothing for wheelchair users.