B.I.L.L. (Bot Initiated Longevity Lab) is the new robot-powered system from Nike that's devoted to sneaker maintenance and extending the life of sneakers. At the brand's Nike Town London store, there's an augmented robot system that's now being used for the purposes of cleaning and repairing shoes to extend their usable life.
Currently, B.I.L.L. can work on selected Nike shoe styles, including the popular Air Force 1 and Air Jordan 1 models.
B.I.L.L. is part of Nike's newest efforts to support a circular future.
“The thing is, maintaining old product is deeply personal," said Noah Murphy-Reinhertz, sustainability lead of Nike NXT, in a release, "People will go to great lengths to care for their favorite shoes. Repairing a product is a way to extend our memory with a product."
Nike's Robot-Powered System B.I.L.L. Extends the Life of Sneakers
1. Robot-powered Sneaker Maintenance - Nike's B.I.L.L. is a disruptive innovation opportunity for the sneaker maintenance industry.
2. Circular Fashion - Nike's B.I.L.L. is part of a larger trend towards circularity in the fashion industry.
3. Personalized Product Maintenance - As Nike's B.I.L.L. shows, there is a growing trend towards personalized and specialized product maintenance.
1. Sneaker Maintenance - The sneaker maintenance industry can leverage robotic technology to improve and streamline their services.
2. Fashion - The fashion industry can use Nike's circular approach to promote sustainability and reduce waste.
3. Robotics - The robotics industry can seize the opportunity to develop technology that can offer personalized and specialized maintenance services for various products.