There is Aachic elegance to this Greek-themed ad campaign featuring models Daria Werbowy, Eva Herzigova and Kate Moss.
Roberto Cavalli selected these models for his Spring/Summer 2008 campaign, then added a splash of Spanish surrealism as he seemed to draw inspiration from the works of artist Salvidor Dali.
Implications - The images photographed by Inez & Vinoodh have a rich color palette featuring bright greens that contrast well with the featured clothing. The campaign has a carefree seventies look where the models hold doves and are styled with flowers in their hair. They also wear long braids and show off beautiful flowing dresses that are perfect for the warm months during both spring and summer.
Roberto Cavalli Spring/Summer 2008
1. Seventies-inspired Fashion - This ad campaign embraces the carefree and colorful fashion of the 1970s, presenting an opportunity for brands to tap into the nostalgia trend and create modern clothing with a retro flair.
2. Mediterranean Themes in Fashion - The Greek and Spanish influences in this campaign showcase the potential for brands to incorporate Mediterranean elements into their fashion, creating unique and eye-catching designs.
3. Surrealistic Fashion Photography - The use of Salvador Dali-inspired surrealism in these images presents an opportunity for fashion brands to experiment with bold and artistic photography techniques, captivating consumers with visually stunning campaigns.
1. Fashion Retail - Fashion retailers can capitalize on the seventies-inspired trend by offering a wide range of retro-inspired clothing options that appeal to consumers seeking a nostalgic style.
2. Photography Services - Photography service providers can explore the emerging trend of surrealistic fashion photography, offering their expertise in capturing unique and artistic images that can enhance brand campaigns.
3. Fashion Design Education - Fashion design schools and educational institutions can incorporate Mediterranean themes and influences into their curriculum, preparing future designers to create innovative and culturally diverse fashion collections.