A new ride coming to Universal Studios Orlando in 2009 will feature enough digital technology to appeal directly to what Universal Orlando officials refer to as the "YouTube culture." Patrons will be able to personalize their ride by choosing their own tunes and creating a music video that can be uploaded for all to see.
The high-tech roller coaster will be full of lights, music, loops, twists and turns -- and includes a quick trip over the heads of people walking through the nearby CityWalk entertainment district. The Rip, Ride, Rockit coaster will rise 167 feet into the air and feature numerous loops and corkscrew turns.
Universal Studios Rip, Ride, Rockit Coaster
1. Personalized Entertainment - The trend of personalization in entertainment experiences is growing, as seen in the ability to choose personalized music and create custom music videos on the Universal Studios Rip, Ride, Rockit Coaster.
2. User-generated Content - The rise of user-generated content is evident in the opportunity for patrons to upload their personalized music videos for others to see on the Universal Studios Rip, Ride, Rockit Coaster.
3. Interactive Theme Park Attractions - Interactive theme park attractions are becoming more popular, as demonstrated by the incorporation of digital technology and interactivity on the Universal Studios Rip, Ride, Rockit Coaster.
1. Theme Parks - Theme parks can capitalize on the trend of personalized entertainment by incorporating customizable experiences into their attractions, like the Universal Studios Rip, Ride, Rockit Coaster.
2. Amusement Rides - Amusement ride manufacturers have the opportunity to innovate and create rides that provide users with the ability to personalize their experiences, similar to the Universal Studios Rip, Ride, Rockit Coaster.
3. Digital Media - Digital media platforms can benefit from the rise of user-generated content by providing avenues for users to upload their personalized music videos and share them with a wider audience, as seen with the Universal Studios Rip, Ride, Rockit Coaster.