Dr. Martens has been working on the ongoing Remastered capsule to shine a spotlight on the classic 1460 boot silhouette. For the month of November, the latest brand to work in collaboration with Dr. Martens is Japanese streetwear imprint WTAPS. The duo create an iteration of the model that is ready for the Fall/Winter season.
The boots channel tough spirits from the contributing brands to offer a sturdy and versatile design. The two brands share a commonality of rebelliousness. The 1460 boots draw design language from WTAP's strong utilitarian aesthetics and the results include elevated elements. The steel toe cap is paired together with buckle fastenings by WTAPS to simple adjustments. The construction uses leather throughout the upper. The toe cap is complete in silver for a stark tonal contrast, which is branded with "WT" as well.
Image Credit: WTAPS, Dr. Martens
The Latest to Join Dr. Martens' Remastered Capsule is WTAPS
1. Rugged Boots - The demand for sturdy and versatile boots for the Fall / Winter season is fueling the trend for rugged boots, presenting an opportunity for footwear companies to experiment with collaborations and innovative designs.
2. Streetwear Collaborations - Working with streetwear brands presents a unique opportunity for footwear companies to infuse utilitarian aesthetics into their designs and appeal to a broader audience.
3. Customizable Footwear - The use of buckle fastenings in the WTAPS x Dr. Martens collaboration provides a platform for customizable footwear and a chance for companies to explore further customization options.
1. Footwear Industry - Footwear companies can capitalize on the trend for rugged boots and customizable footwear by exploring collaborations with streetwear brands and infusing utilitarian aesthetics.
2. Streetwear Industry - Collaborations with footwear companies offer streetwear brands endless opportunities to showcase their design language and reinvent classic silhouettes.
3. Fashion Industry - The trend for rugged boots and collaborations between different industries present a disruptive innovation opportunity for the fashion industry to explore new materials and customizable designs.