eBay's Refurb Registry was created to support and strengthen relationships coming out of the pandemic, since many couples have spent more time than ever together over the past year. Couples can register for the Certified Refurbished products that will help them get back on track, such as gaming laptops, headsets and blenders.
Sarah Sternau, General Manager, Certified Refurbished for eBay, says "eBay is breaking down the stigmas and preconceived ideas of what we're supposed to want, acknowledging that things like noise-canceling headphones might bring more joy to some relationships than gifts like china found on more traditional registries." The gift registry was intentionally created to help people find the right needs for working from home, homeschooling, working out at home and more.
eBay's Refurb Registry Helps Couples Adjust to the Reopening World
1. Refurbished Products - The trend of gifting refurbished products as a sustainable and affordable alternative to traditional registry items creates opportunities for businesses to capitalize on the circular economy and appeal to eco-conscious consumers.
2. Personalized Gift Registries - The trend of creating thoughtful and personalized gift registries tailored to individual lifestyle needs creates opportunities for businesses to offer customizable gift options that cater to unique consumer preferences and promote ownership of items that are truly valued.
3. Remote Work Essentials - The trend of gifting items that support remote work and at-home activities, such as noise-cancelling headphones and home gym equipment, creates opportunities for businesses to tap into the growing market of remote workers and offer unique solutions that cater to the new normal of work and life balance.
1. E-commerce - The e-commerce industry can capitalize on the trend of personalized and sustainable registries by offering refurbishment programs and personalized gift suggestions based on consumer data and preferences.
2. Circular Economy - The circular economy industry can capitalize on the trend of gifting refurbished products by building a B2B market for refurbished goods or offering refurbishment programs to retailers and manufacturers.
3. Consumer Electronics - The consumer electronics industry can capitalize on the trend of gifting remote work essentials by offering customized packages of products that cater to different work and lifestyle needs and promote a healthier work-life balance.