When you bought that pair of ultra-pricey Christian Lacroix heels, you thought it was a good investment, but now it's two years later and they've never seen the light of day -- that's where the site reFashioner comes in. reFashioner is an online boutique that rests on the exchange of designer fashion items, allowing customers to gain from forgotten or unwanted luxury goods.
Members of reFashioner can resell their items or swap them for store credit at reFashioner to be used to buy other people's luxury fashion goods. You just post what you want to get rid of in your personalized 'Closet' and the reFashioner team tells you what your stuff is worth in terms 'ReDollars.' You get half of the ReDollars of an item immediately to buy things on the reFashioner site; the rest comes to you when your stuff has been purchased.
Resell Your Luxury Fashion Pieces on reFashioner
1. Luxury Fashion Resell - reFashioner provides an online platform for reselling luxury fashion items, pointing to an opportunity for other luxury consignment stores to move online.
2. Personalized Closets - The ability to create custom closets that offer ease-of-use and a personalized experience is an area of opportunity for e-commerce companies specializing in online resale.
3. Redollars System - The ReDollars currency system offers a unique opportunity for the creation of peer-to-peer currency systems within e-commerce.
1. Luxury Consignment - Luxury consignment industry could benefit from applying online platforms that allow for resale of high-end fashion items.
2. E-commerce Retail - E-commerce companies specializing in luxury fashion could benefit from offering personalized and easy-to-use platforms for resale of luxury products.
3. Peer-to-peer Currency - Creating unique currency systems for peer-to-peer exchange within e-commerce platforms could be a disruption to standard e-commerce transactions.