The Recycled Shadow art installation could become a great do-it-yourself project, just for fun or even for a special occasion. A suspended sculpture made out of newspapers that have been folded into windmill shapes, it creates a beautiful shadow below as the sun shines through it, making it perfect for setting a romantic mood at an event such as a wedding. It even has a soothing rhythm to it as the wind blows through.
Created by Spanish architectural collective Meva, the Recycled Shadow art installation was fashioned out of hundreds of old newspaper pages and nylon mesh. A simple concept, it provides a unique shaded area for Alicante, Spain residents. It was inspired by London Municipal center research that indicated 100 extra tons of paper waste are created by newspapers.
Recycled Shadow was Created in Response to Paper Waste
1. Recycled Shadow Sculptures - Opportunity for artists and designers to create sustainable and visually appealing sculptures from recycled materials.
2. DIY Newspaper Crafts - Potential for individuals to repurpose old newspapers into creative and artistic projects, contributing to reducing paper waste.
3. Shadow Art Installations - Emerging trend of using shadows as a form of artistic expression and creating captivating visual experiences.
1. Art and Design - Opportunity for artists and designers to explore innovative ways of repurposing materials and creating sustainable artworks.
2. Craft and Hobby - Growing market for DIY enthusiasts interested in eco-friendly crafts and upcycling materials like newspapers.
3. Event and Wedding Planning - Potential disruption in event decor industry by incorporating unique, sustainable and visually striking elements such as newspaper shadow sculptures.